Pocket doors allow you to quickly move from one room to another, as these are made into the walls, which disappear with the wall. You can also call them sliding doors.
Pocket doors give you a beautiful structure of your house, but it requires a lot of hard work. Instead of hiring a contractor, you can install a pocket door by following these few steps.
Space For Your Pocket Door
- This process includes a few steps, which are as follows:
- Purchase a pocket door kit from the hardware shop and ensure that it includes a door, studs that will fix the door, a track on which the doors are fitted in the wall.
- Secondly, check the wall, making sure that the walls are not weak. The items to check are whether the wall has wiring behind it.
- If you install a Pocket door and there is already a door present, you must remove the previous one. Cut the hinges through which the door is attached and remove the door frame.
- Remove the drywall, and ensure that you are not missing any obstacle. Remove it a few inches above the header.
- If you don’t want to spoil your wall, mark the stud holes as it would be enough to pass the Pocket door through it.
Assembling The Pocket Door
This process includes a few steps, which are as follows;
- You must be requiring a new header for this door as the height would be changed. Doing this would require a saw and stud finder, as it will help you mark the extra height, through this cut the door.
- Also, cut the nails on your door and then determine the door’s height.
- Moving towards the second step, which allows you to install the sliding track.
- This would be available in your pocket door kit as it will help the door slide along the railings. Would fit these railings by using the screw and then drilling them onto the upper and lower sides.
- At last, now you may add the hardware and the Pocket door to the sliding track. After this, ensure that the door is sliding easily without any breaks. It is how a pocket door will work. Also, check if the door is balanced or not.
This process is inclusive of some basic steps, which are;
- Replace the drywall you removed in the beginning as the door will slide into it. This part will require some screws and adhesive to fix the drywall properly.
- You must be given some latches with your door kit. Attach some of the latches to the door and some of them to the wall.
- Paint the drywall as all the walls of your room.
- That’s it. Your pocket door is now installed.