We will discuss how to recover a Hotmail.com account in case someone forgets their password. For this purpose, you must have your phone available with you as you will receive a One Time Password (OTP) on it. It happens with all of us. In this mega-tech world, with all those accounts and passwords, we sometimes forget what our password is, and we may get locked out of our accounts.
But fret not, and we say this because, in this situation, people are often worried, and start searching here and there to get some help. But they do not need to worry about it because Hotmail.co.uk provides the process steps for recovering their accounts.
If you don’t know the process of account recovery, then we have bundled the process flow for you and kept it as easy as we could. Just follow the instructions which are illustrated below and get your account recovered.
- First, you have to go to the Hotmail.com password reset page through the web browser.
- Now select the ‘I forgot my password. option and click on next.
- On the next page, enter your email phone number or Skype name, etc.
- On the same page, you will see some characters verification code, enter the characters you see to verify, and click on next.
- After this, you need to verify your identity. Hotmail will ask you how you would like to get your security code, i.e., via email or phone number. Select your preference.
- If you select a phone number, then they will send a security code on your message inbox which is usually six digits. Enter the code to verify your identity. Click next.
- The password creation page will be open. Now create your new password which should be strong in alphanumeric.
- Lastly, re-enter the password in the text field and click on next.
By applying the above steps carefully, you will get your password recovered, and you can log-in to your account with the new password. If all the above steps are not beneficial for you then you just make an instant call to customer support in other words the user can get their account recovered through Microsoft’s account reinstatement page which is easily accessible on the google search. There you will only need to put your relevant account details and the Microsoft support team will contact you for your account recovery.